[time-freq] TADD-1 Bandpass Filter

Eric Lemmon wb6fly at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 02:11:59 UTC 2010

I am finally building my TADD-1 Distribution Amplifier kit, but I am
confused about the hand-wound inductors used in the bandpass filter option.
The TADD-1 instruction manual states that for 10 MHz, the nominal value
should be 14.5 uH, which can be achieved with 27 turns of #24 wire on an
Amidon T-50-2 core.  However, Amidon's inductance charts on page 1-24 of
their catalog shows that more than 50 turns are needed to reach that
inductance on a T-50-2 core.  The inductance table shows that 27 turns on a
T-50-2 core will result in less than 5 uH.  Am I missing something here?

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY