[time-freq] Recommendations for GPS clock receiver?

Chris Day scotstramp at msn.com
Tue Jun 1 17:54:07 UTC 2010

I have lying around a working Reflock II and an Excaliber card from TAPR/HPSDR. I also have the software and accessories to code for and program the Reflock II. I think the basic thing I'm missing for a GPS Diciplined Oscillator is then a GPS receiver with 1 PPS clock output and stationary mode (I think that's what it's called). Does this make sense, and if so, anyone have a recommendation for such a receiver? All the consumer grade things I've seen so far don't let me get the clock. I had thought of going with a Trimble Thunderbolt, but got burned on an Internet purchase of one. If that's the way to go, is there anything newer/better/cheaper? Thanks.

Chris Day

AE6VK