[time-freq] Recommendations for GPS clock receiver?

Tim Ellison tellison at itsco.com
Tue Jun 1 18:28:06 UTC 2010

Here s something to consider

http://secure.conwin.com/cgi-bin/store/cp-app.cgi?usr=51H676289&rnd=5438911&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=53125&cat=navsync&catstr=HOME:navsync

-Tim

From: time-freq-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:time-freq-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Chris Day
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 1:54 PM
To: time-freq at tapr.org
Subject: [time-freq] Recommendations for GPS clock receiver?

I have lying around a working Reflock II and an Excaliber card from TAPR/HPSDR. I also have the software and accessories to code for and program the Reflock II. I think the basic thing I'm missing for a GPS Diciplined Oscillator is then a GPS receiver with 1 PPS clock output and stationary mode (I think that's what it's called). Does this make sense, and if so, anyone have a recommendation for such a receiver? All the consumer grade things I've seen so far don't let me get the clock. I had thought of going with a Trimble Thunderbolt, but got burned on an Internet purchase of one. If that's the way to go, is there anything newer/better/cheaper? Thanks.

Chris Day
AE6VK