[time-freq] Recommendations for GPS clock receiver?

Eric Lemmon wb6fly at verizon.net
Wed Jun 2 02:50:02 UTC 2010

Chris,

I believe that a Garmin GPS 15H-W will satisfy your needs.  In addition to
the NMEA standard sentences $GPGGA, $GPGSA, and $GPGSV, it also provides
$PGRMM, $PGRME, WAAS capability, and a 1PPS tick.  I am using this engine
right now in a device that provides a precise on-the-hour tone for a local
repeater.  It costs about $50 from GPSCity.com.  More info here:
<www.gpscity.com/garmin-oem-15-h-wired.html>

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY