[time-freq] Trimble Thunderbolt 1 PPS problem

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Tue Feb 22 12:47:11 UTC 2011

I have a Thunderbolt which I acquired from a Chinese source on eBay to use
as a 10 MHz standard.  That has been working fine for two years.  Recently,
I looked at the 1 PPS output for use with an experiment.  According to the
monitor program, it should be working, and the 1 PPS output is enabled.
However, the output is either DC high or low, depending on whether it is set
to rising or falling trigger, with no transition.  I have looked at it with
a 400 MHz Techtronics scope, which certainly should be fast enough to see
it, and can see the 1 PPS from a Garmin GPS.

I have tried resetting the unit using the monitor program, but no help.  Is
there something else to try?  Google has not been my friend on this issue.
I found the Time-Nuts group again, but got numerous warnings about expired
and/or invalid security certificates.

Alan
WA4SCA