[time-freq] New Member

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Sun Mar 27 16:34:10 UTC 2011

I just joined time-freq upon the recommendation of Darryl Smith. I am
subscribed to tacgps but find little activity there. I am trying to
determine what TAPR is doing in the time/freq arena today and find that
the TAPR PSR newsletter is a *very* poor source for that information. I
am a member of time-nuts.

I have a HP Z3801A that recently died; so far, I have been unsuccessful
in repairing this unit. Does anyone have that experience?

I recently acquired a Trimble Thunderbolt GPS-disciplined OCXO and am
working to assemble it into a system with power supply and the Partridge
frequency divider board to get 5 MHz out.

I understand there is a new distribution amplifier under design within
TAPR. How is this different from the previous unit? Has there been
discussion here defining the design goals/features of this new
distribution amplifier?

I have little interest in software defined radios and lament that TAPR
seems to have become a SDR group exclusively.

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)