[time-freq] Does Tadd-3 fatten the 1pps?

Kevin Payne kevin_payne at frontiergeo.com
Mon Jul 22 17:24:22 CDT 2013

We just bought a FATPPS and a TADD-3.  The FATPPS manual says it
stretches the 1pps to 30milliseconds.
Does the TADD-3 do this as well, or does it just split the trigger into
multiple outputs?  The TADD-3 manual says it has "two RS232 level
outputs designed to drive the serial port of a PC".  Does this mean a
longer pulse?  Or do I need to use the FATPPS on the RS232 output of the
TADD3?

We are trying to take the NEMA and 1pps of a GPS unit (Satloc SLXg3) as
input, and as output we want a 1PPS BNC, and a second output of RS232
NEMA and fattened 1PPS.

thanks
Kevin