[Uronode] CHANGES.2 entries

Brian n1uro at n1uro.ampr.org
Fri Oct 3 08:14:32 CDT 2014

Usually I post these on the old forum, so for 2.2 and 2.2.1 here they
are:

04/09/2013 v2.2

Made multiple .c file edits to reflect the new libax25-devel .h files.
Currently these were pointing to the older kernel_*.h files and on newer
linux systems was preventing compile. Now URONode should work fine.

Added Marius Petrescu to the URONode team! With his c version of ripv2d,
Marius will (and already has) make a huge impact on the future of
URONode! Welcome Marius to the team! Made a reflection of this in the
configure script.

Marius brought to my attention the issue in the log timer routine where
it was forcing 32-bit. He supplied code to fix this in both system.c and
flexd.c.

While in discussions, Marius brought it to my attention that Ubuntu (and
this includes Mint and any other Ubuntu backed distributions) where they
run as he calls it a "fortified libc6" which segfaults on every (what it
thinks is suspicious) buffer accessed to prevent overflows however this
libc6 itself causes buffer overflowing. Why on earth did the Ubuntu team
ever do this?? Anyway, we're investigating how we're going to handle
this issue. I personally have verified URONode to compile and work on
the new kernel 3.x series on Debian and Fedora.

In "fixing" the prompt bug earlier reported by Marius, I made an error
in the non-ANSI telnet prompt where the (/r) was also chopping off the
first letter of a callsign! OOPS! This was reported by Ted K1YON. Fixed.

** Key news of this release: ROSE is a LOT more user friendly, AND it
also
has the ability to display color screens to the end user. This now means
that URONode is an 8-prompt system! 4 main prompts, and 4 color prompts.
The prompt system is designed to show the end user what protocol/method
they used to connect into URONode with. Also proper SSIDs are displayed
to match that of how the end user connected. I did this because seeing
other nodes, they don't and when (as a user) connect into, for example,
a NetRom node who's ssid is -12 and the node displays something
-=totally=- different, I often wonder if I connected to the proper node.

The new prompt schema is:
telnet   :      user@<sysop>.ampr.org:/uronode$
netrom   :      <none> - this keeps in spec with Software2000
flex/ax25:      =>
rose     :      -=>

Each matches with its own colors as well if you run the ansi flag. The
goodbye message for rose is also different than it is for flex/ax25 and
telnet links. The new RoseID flag is used as a personalized message to
the remote user to say a nice goodbye, and to remind them of your Rose
information. The (V)ersion command also has a rose column added to show
the remote user your rose information. An example of this is included
in the uronode.conf.5 man page.

With such, a new uronode.conf file string called RoseID has been
created.
Details are in the file. You must keep the single quotes ' ' around the
string for it to display properly. You have been warned. Also, I've
added
a default ExtCmd called ROSe so those who connect remotely can get rose
addresses for now. I'm sure I'll be changing this in the future.

Also, I decided to eliminate the permissions flag for use of hidden
interfaces.
Reason being is if a sysop flags an interface to be hidden, they did so
for a
specific reason. With that, I moved the ANSI flag from 512 in it's place
64. This was also changed in the man page uronode.perms.5.

In regards to PBBS forwarding, I -=URGE=- you to read BBS.txt. Since
there's no need for me to rewrite it, please heed my warning here. This
is not something critical, just informational to help you improve your
link with URONode systems.

Fixed a cosmetic bug in regards to windows->linux emulation where when
logging in, sentences were not getting properly wrapped. This was done
in node.c. Other emulations such as PuTTY do not give you in windows
full linux-type emulation. Higher profile programs such as SecureCRT
will. For a free/shareware program I suggest MobiXterm. This also
gives you a raw Xserver emulated screen. Of course, there are no issues
if you use a standard linux console.

Added a .pid file to flexd, code supplied by Jaroslav, OK2JRQ and other
patches such as installer edits, etc. The only patches he supplied that
have yet to add is the install location patch, and one he feels is good
for non-interactive. Source installs need to be interactive, if not you
would not be compliling - just my honest opinion. I can see in the case
of a possible distro package this may not be desired. The distros for
now
can hash that out on their own.

Many more cosmetic bugs fixed/changed. Moreso in ROSE but I did find a
few others in there which needed my attention. I have noticed windows
terminal
based programs such as PuTTY have an issue determining \n based line
feeds
vs \r carriage returns in C code. This mainly seems to affect the
various
8 prompts. It seems if I put both in the code, Windows is happy but *nx
may issue an added line-feed. I had thought I cleaned these all up but
I introduced a couple old ones and some new ones with the ROSE work.

01/10/2014 -2.2 released!

02/10/2014 - 2.2.1

Improperly packaged an old flexd.c! This one should compile. This is NOT
the one I want, I've been fighting with flexd for a while now.

uronode.conf may not update. If it does, you will need to redo yours
from
scratch. Look at the one in the etc/ directory in the source and add the
line for RoseId. This is required. Thanks for the above reports from
VE1JOT and SP2LOB.

Removed the need to have quotes around the RoseId string in
URONode.conf. I found it unneccessary to have to do this. Keep
the string togther ex: callsign-ssid at 1000,200000 now is fine. I also
find this cleaner.

--
73 de Brian Rogers - N1URO
email: <n1uro at n1uro.ampr.org>