[wxsig] 1-wire stuff

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Fri Apr 29 14:27:34 UTC 2005

I'm looking at the iButton site and see that a lot of the button products
come in two different sized.  Anyone know if the trend is moving towards
the F3 package?  Any samples I have from years back are in the thicker F5
package.

Reason I'm asking is that in trying to find a PCB mounting clip for a temp
sensor I find that Maxim is the only one showing stock for the clip that
will hold the F5.  The F3 appears that it will fit the standard 16mm
battery clip which everyone has in stock for about 1/3 the price of the
Maxim part.

Anyone been down this road already and care to share?

John Koster, W9DDD
<w9ddd at tapr.org>

None of the above represents the opinion or policy of anyone or any entity
other than John Koster unless expressly so stated above.

E-mail addresses provided within the header and body of this message are
provided only for the purpose of replying to this electronic
correspondence and no rights are granted for any other use.