[wxsig] Problem with new modem+ and wind direction

Michael Barelli W0MAF barelmic at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 22:01:57 UTC 2005

Hello Jim.  I had the same problem when I upgraded.  I went nuts tring
to fix it.  I could not get it to work on the bench.  I tried different
kinds of leads.  I then only got it to work only when I put it on my
roof using the old cat5 line from my old setup.  It works fine now.  I
have about 40 feet of line to my basement Ham shack.  I do not have a 5
volt line either. I hope this helps. It seams that some lines do not
work.
Good luck.  See data on findu at w0maf-1

KB9RQD-4>WX1W,SOLON,K0NDX-10:@061653z4627.81N/09158.50W_.../000g009t068e1w

KB9RQD-4>WX1W,SOLON,K0NDX-10:@061803z4627.81N/09158.50W_.../000g005t068e1w

KB9RQD-4>WX1W,SOLON,K0NDX-10:@061818z4627.81N/09158.50W_.../000g000t068e1w