[wxsig] Problem with new modem+ and wind direction

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Wed Dec 7 02:24:08 UTC 2005

John and Jim:

This done is weird.  John, I'd certainly like it to be a cable related issue
as we have a lot of experience with those.  What worries me is that changing
from Modem to TNC mode shouldn't make a difference.

Jim:  Can you go back and forth a couple of times between TNC and Modem
modes to make sure the problem is consistent?  That will help isolate if it
is a flaky cable issue or a firmware issue.

Jim: Can you tell me what kind of weather head you have, is it one of the
older Dallas ones or the AAG "V3".  If you are not sure, the best way to
know is when you do the calibration.  Do you have to spin the wind direction
vane three times or just point to north?