[wxsig] RE: Problem w/ new t-238+

Kent Ochs kentochs at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 8 03:42:16 UTC 2005

Will,

Have been tied up the last couple of weeks, but have finally had a chance to signup on the sig and spend some time working on the unit.

I have some how gotten past the sensor problem and the unit is now working properly.

I have completed the assembly of the modem.  The 5 volt tests have checked out for all tests except the P100 pin 6 test.  I am measuring ~ 3.4 volts on this pin.  I have verified r109 (1.2K/brown-red-red), d101 is in correctly (u100 pin 3 to 16 lights led), and transistor q100 is in correctly.  I can not find any explanation for the lower than 5v reading on this pin.

Thanks.

Kent

Will Beals <will at beals5.com> wrote:
Kent:

Best to discuss this on the [wxsig] forum so others can see what is going on too, are you subscribed?

The message means that the T238+ has discovered and learned a rain gauge sensor, but no longer sees it on the network.  This is a normal thing, I added that feature to gracefully handle folk that take down their rain gauges during the winter.  I am also pretty certain that is not the issue.

Because you got that message though, it appears you may be juggling sensors somehow or have manually programmed in some other sensor IDs.  In general the T238(+) should handle missing sensors OK, but there may be holes in how gracefully that is handled.  If you manually entered sensor IDs, I have done very little testing on how gracefully the T238(=+) handles typos for sensor IDs.

Do either of those situations apply to you?  If so, best bet is to re-learn sensor IDs (starting with old ones to get past the lockup) or to start over with blank IDs or check for any typos in your ID list.

will