[wxsig] Help with T-238 failure

Sct599 at aol.com Sct599 at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 20:10:02 UTC 2005

Hi John:

Thank you for the response.

LCD: When I initially found the unit after the failure, the display had
random unintelligible blocks of pixels. These pixels would change in response to
pushing the "Select" button. After subsequent power ups, the display is blank
of  any pixels. The back light remains functional. With it showing the random
pixels  initially indicate that it may have survived the event?

Crystals: I will check these as soon as I can and report back. Believe it  or
not, my scope is only a 5Mhz!

PC port: I had thought about doing this but did not since there was no
"heartbeat" LED activity. Heartbeat LED checked out OK. Should I give it a try
anyway?

Thanks again,
Scott

In a message dated 6/29/2005 10:43:26 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,