[wxsig] Quality of instruments?

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Nov 10 01:10:42 UTC 2005

Mike:

Full disclosure: I definitely count as biased as one of the two main folk
behind the T238 design.

Making sure the data is as accurate as possible is/was a high piority.  The
mechanics from AAG are good.  I have had the same weather station up for
almost six months before the T238 went into production during the
development phase.  I am finally expierencing my first reed switch failure
on the wind speed sensor as mentioned earlier.  I have had other issues, but
they were installation related, so not fair to blame on the instruments.  I
think the biggest thing that has caused installation issues have been the
quality of the cable to the sensors.  Really good quality ethernet cable
doesn't work good.  Basic junky telephone cable (untwisted) seems to work
best.

On the T238 home page, the Accuracy and FAQs page address some of your
questions.