[wxsig] T238+ Firmware update status

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Sep 1 02:59:57 UTC 2005

Folks:

Evidence is mounting that the occasional wind gust problem I finally saw
earlier this week is a sensor issue.  I am seeing legit counter values that
are irrationally high.  My two working theories are that I have a reed
switch that is sending a non-logic-level value to the counter and it is
counting like mad or maybe an out-of-spec voltage to the counter chip that
is scrambling it's contents.

This problem has been reported by a few other folk.  If you are one of
those, please let me know, I'd like to send you some test code that will log
the counter values when a large gust occurs and report it to findu where I
can look at it.

If I get a couple encouraging reports that it is not firmware, I'll go ahead
and release the current code with the midnight lockup fix.

This message sent using 100% recycled Electrons
(Minimum 30% post-consumer content)