[wxsig] T-238 Humidity Calibration

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Fri Sep 2 03:29:30 UTC 2005

Ken:

I have been avoiding tackling this issue for BP sensors.  It isn't just
being lazy.  My concern is that it is already really hard to calibrate the
BP sensor with the two pots that interact with eachother a lot.  Adding two
more calibration points makes the interactions eight times worse!

If there was a thread on the humidity sensor, I may have misfiled it under
the BP issue, sorry.

I am open to such an adjustment, but how would you calibrate it?  I remember
when I first started fiddling with the humidity sensor and was thinking of
calibrating it, I had no practical way of doing so.  100% wasn't too hard,
but any other target value seemed much less accurate than the sensors specs.
Russ had given me the formula of salt to water such that at equilibrium the
air in a sealed container would be at different humidity values, but there
was no way I could be more accurate than the sensors 5%.