[wxsig] T-238 Humidity Calibration

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue Sep 6 03:05:52 UTC 2005

Ken:

One thing I can do is add some diagnostic data to occasional APRS packets.
I'm doing this now with the gust data to help isolate if I have a sensor
issue or a firmware issue.  Once that trial runs it's course, I can add a BP
diagnostic string next.  I like it as the data gets appended to an APRS
string that you can then go look at a few days worth of data on findu and
see what happened.

I have the raw humidity data displayed right now on the LCD diagnostic
screen starting with 1.15.? (forgot).  It shows the raw sensor data.  The
LCD is handier for issues that are either easily repeatable or happen for a
while (like saturated humidity sensors).

How confident are you the offset is a constant over both humidity and
temperature?  My concern with simply adding an offset is that it makes the
100% case look good, but in fact may make less obvious readings (ones harder
to verify) even more innacurate.