[wxsig] T-238 Humidity Calibration

Ken Brown Ken.A.Brown at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 6 12:40:03 UTC 2005

Will,
I have been looking at the graphs on the QC site for many weeks.
http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/cgi-bin/wxqchart.pl?site=ar301
My sensor is a TAPR X1W2 or whatever and it is in a Davis
aspirated radiation shield.  I have taken everything apart and
cleaned the shield and sensor several times.  From doing QC on
the local official stations at the NWS office I believe the data
in the qc report to be reasonably accurate so it seems that it
must just be my sensor reading high.  It would take a while of
"curve fitting" during the right weather conditions to make it
look good but I think it might work.  I can also use a sling
psychrometer for quick calibration but would need to watch it
over a period of time to see how it looks.

I think I running the most recent software prior to the release
you made last week.  I'll try to track the raw data on the LCD
for a while and see what it looks like.

Ken Brown