[wxsig] Source for the DS1994?

Warren kd4z at amsat.org
Mon Sep 12 01:15:32 UTC 2005

If Newark ships for free, then Maxim-Dallas comes in about the same.  Price at
Maxim store is $12.09 plus a whopping $10 to ship it.   I guess I'll just keep it on a
battery backup.  I don't have any other items to order from Dallas at this point.  Wish
you included it in the original TAPR kit Will!

At least I got my T238 back up running again after a two year downtime--blown MCU
and broken rain gauge reed switch..  I just added the AAG humidity and pressure
sensors.   They seem to work well as long as you keep the 1-Wire buss polarity
straight.  I think they should have made one of the RJ-11 jacks wired in reverse so
you can easily daisy chain with straight thru cables.

Now if I could just figure out why I can't find the menu that swaps the temp sensor
out from the wind/speed/direction sensor to the one in the humidity module.   Would
I not be seeing that menu because I swapped out the original DS1620 with a
DS16S20?

Thanks for the "midnight bug" workaround.  That was driving me nuts.