[wxsig] Outdoor Humidity Sensor Kit Problem

Steve Allen sallen1 at san.rr.com
Sat Apr 15 05:24:34 UTC 2006

I just completed the Outdoor Humidity/Temperature Sensor Kit.

I am connecting to the AAG type interface, directly to the computer -
I have also connected through the Version 3 Weather Station.

4 wire straight through cable, using the JAVA browser.

All sensors identified -- i.e. temperature and the Battery Monitor.

1. Temperature sensor works fine.

2. The Battery monitor for the Humidity sensor has 0's for all of its A'/D --
including the internal Temperature Sensor -- but the sensor is identified.

Does this most likely mean that the Chip was damaged when I installed it?

I do have a spare, but would appreciate some advice before I undo the
surface mount.

Thanks a lot.

Steve Allen
KT6S  -- New member