[wxsig] Outdoor Humidity Sensor Kit Problem - Update

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Tue Apr 18 01:42:38 UTC 2006

Hopefully you'll get a reply shorlty from someone who knows the details
... but I seem to recall that AAG in their last revision of hardware did
something that messes up the loop through situation with the bus (if using
4 wire cable?).  Perhaps I remember it wrong.  You might check the
archives of the list.

On the bus voltage, if you can stop the PC polling, it should be close to
+5.  Otherwise it will be something lower depending on the poll rate.
Some devices depend on the bus voltage for power.  They usually charge up
a capacitor, so I'd still expect something above +4 with no polling.

I haven't had my morning cup of Joe yet, so everything I've said is
suspect. :-(

John, W9DDD