[wxsig] Keying Kenwood HT and Current Consumption questions

Mark Patton k0yg at arrl.net
Tue Apr 25 00:36:50 UTC 2006

Hi Everyone,

I've read through the archives & documentation but didn't see the
answers to these questions.

1) I understand that Kenwood HT's require a different way of keying the
transmitter. On most, I believe, you bring the xmit signal to a low
impedance (on my Icom it's 2K) to make it transmit.  Has anyone
connected the T238+ to a Kenwood HT?  I seem to recall that it may be
just the opposite.

2) I'm planning to run the T238+ from a small solar panel and battery.
Can someone confirm what the current consumption of the T238+ assuming
that the display lighting is turned off?  I will be running it from ~12V.

3) Does anyone know what the current consumption is for the N4XI X1W-2v2
Outdoor Humidity and Temperature Sensor?  I don't  know if I'll have the
power budget to run the fan or not.  I may need to go with something else.

Thanks for all the help and the fantastic documentation!

Mark Patton