[wxsig] T-238+ Backlight

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sat Apr 29 12:49:23 UTC 2006

Well, you could cut out the 4.7 ohm resistor.  But that's kind of crude.
Guess it depends on how permanent you want it disabled.  In the original
design, the back light was on a separate cable, so could be unplugged.

I suppose you could run a couple of wires from where the 4.7 ohm resistor
would normally be soldered.  Hook them to a resistor and switch in series.

BTW the T238 will function w/o the LCD attached if I'm not mistaken.  So
if the goal is to reduce power consumption at, you could do all your setup
with the LCD attached and then power down, unplug it and power back up.

John, W9DDD