[wxsig] Keying Kenwood HT and Current Consumption questions

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sun Apr 30 16:46:28 UTC 2006

Another thing you might consider.  There are switching regulators which
are intended to replace the 7805.  They are not cheap, but perhaps would
be worth it for this application.  Unfortunately I don't recall any part
numbers or even a manufacturer.  I remember it was discussed back during
the TAC2 design.  Perhaps you could contact Tom Clark for the information.
I'll bet a google of Tom Clark and TAC2 would turn up something.

John, W9DDD