[wxsig] Signal being detected with no signal

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Fri Aug 25 01:26:41 UTC 2006

Mark:

You are correct in that the T238 does just monitor the "energy" output of
the T238.  I've looked into doing software carrier detect and it is pretty
ugly for my little micro.

I have not heard of the light being on continuously though--at least not on
the reflector.  Some good ways to see if it is oscillations in the filter or
the MX-614 itself would be to ground the audio input (low impedance to
ground should help).  If that doesn't help ground pin 5 of the MX-614.  For
a short period you shouldn't hurt the device as there is at least 100 ohms
from either of the op-amp outputs.

If neither of those turn off the energy LED, I'd lean toward a busted
MX-614.  If either fix it, then hopefully you can isolate where in the
analog circuitry there may be a problem.

As a last resort, there may be a way to bypass the op-amp filter and have
only discrete filtering, but that would take a bit more research.