[wxsig] T238+ Modem Problems

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Mon Dec 11 22:35:30 UTC 2006

Rich:

By intro screen do you mean the copyright screen or the "one moment please"
screen?

I am guessing the latter as it sounds like the T238 thinks the channel is
busy and waiting for it to clear before sending its "Hi, I'm here" packet
that broadcasts the SW version number.

Is the busy LED lit? (suspect not or you'd have noticed)
Any chance of a wiring error there.  It is pin 6 of the connector, but best
place is pin 11 of the micro.  It should be low.

Final wiring to check is the path from pin 14 of the MX-614 through pin 11
of the header to pin 22 of the micro.  This is the handshaking line for bit
transfers between the MX-614 and the micro.  If busted, it would halt
communications which is also symptomatic of your hangup.

Good luck, let us know what happens.