[wxsig] T238+ Modem Problems

wn0x at earthlink.net wn0x at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 12 02:17:22 UTC 2006

Will,

You stated the signal path is from pin 11 of the header is to pin 14 of the MX-614, did you mean pin pin 15 of the MX-614?  Also, the schematic shows R100 is a 100K ohm resistor, the instructions have you install a 10K ohm resistor for R100.  What should R100 be?

I have verfied the signal path from pin 22 of of the uP to pin 15 of the MX-614.

I have double checked all of my resistor & capacitor values for the modem (with ohm meter too) and they are correct.

I am still getting hung on the "In Memory Of:" screen when the modem is installed and the T238 is set for (modem).  With the 238 set for (modem) and the modem not installed it proceeds to the weather display.

BTW, it sometimes takes a few seconds of the "In Memory Of:" screen before the weather displays.

Rich