[wxsig] Low Audio

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Dec 14 04:36:48 UTC 2006

Rich:

I do seem to remember your callsign from the "early days"!  Thanks for the
nice words.

I think the previous guy who had audio issues had an HTX202 too.  What do
you mean by the Kantronics configuration?

For remote use, I do have some support to power up the radio only when
needed.  Go to http://www.beals5.com/wx, select "how to build a T238" (not
the +) and about half way down on that page is the suggested circuit to
power the radio.  I do toggle Port C bit 0 for a few seconds before and
after I send out the message.  I only know of two people who have asked
about the circuit and I believe have actually used it too.