[wxsig] Low Audio

wn0x at earthlink.net wn0x at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 14 13:03:42 UTC 2006

Kantonics had a standard configuration for the female DB9 connector on their TNCs, pin 1 was TX_Audio, Pin 3 was PTT and Pin 5 RX_Audio, Pin 6 & 9 were grounded.

Since there are literally thousands of KPC3, KPC3+ & KAM owners there are just as many "dongles" made to work with their respective radios.  Instant T238+ connection.

With that said - a very good reason to not to use their standard is that two female DB9 connectors on the same device is asking for trouble.  At some point in time they will get confused and the wrong cable goes to the wrong place.  I have a female to femail adapter from the modem to the case, so that I can use my existing TNC cables.

Rich