[wxsig] shielding,overheating,p&e tools

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue Dec 19 15:40:48 UTC 2006

Rick:

Glad things are up and running again.  The 9.8MHz crystal is only needed for
development support, so if it is a harmonic of that crystal, you can just
remove it and no harm will be done.  I am surprized it is creating so much
interference, the output of that crystal goes less than an inch to a header
where you have it jumpered to choose the 32MHz crystal instead.  Lesson
learned.

BTW, the 9.8MHz crystal is no longer loaded in the T238+.  If you want to do
development work, you will need to remove and replace the 32MHz crystal with
a 9.8MHz one.  I have a header block that allows you to swizzle the UART
ports for debug instead of data logging.

What do you mean by no Wide2-1?  Who's old school?