[wxsig] MODEM2 Low TX audio

Sct599 at aol.com Sct599 at aol.com
Wed Feb 15 18:00:16 UTC 2006

Hello Group:

Adding a MODEM2 to my original T238.  I am connecting it to a ICOM  IC-2100
which should work with the separate Mic audio (TX audio) and  PTT lines (not
combined like an HT). The PTT and RX audio are working properly.  My TX audio is
very low even with adjusting V100.  The audio does change  with V100
adjustment but is still too low when even at max.  In my  troubleshooting of the audio
path I have noticed two things....

1. R101 is shown as a 10K on the schematic. However, the instruction manual
and parts list calls for a 100K.  A 100K was provided and is what I  have
installed. I jumpered past R101 and the audio did indeed increase but not  to an
acceptable level. What value should R101 be?

2. V100 is supposed to be oriented on the board to match the  silkscreening.
However, if you do so, the leads are not oriented  properly.  I reversed V100
from the silkscreening to match the lead  arrangement and the photo at
_http://beals5.com/wx/index.htm_ (http://beals5.com/wx/index.htm)  under  "How to
build a T238+"  Does the orientation of V100 make a  difference?

Any other ideas?

73,
Scott