[wxsig] Chaning T238+ destination callsign

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Sat Feb 25 05:28:02 UTC 2006

Folks:

Someone finally explained why the T238 weather data does not show up on
Kenwood D7 handhelds and D700 mobile rigs.  Those rigs default to only
decode data who's destination callsign begins with AP.  This seemed a rather
strange to me, but in a piece of test code I changed the T238s source
callsign from WX1W to APWX1W and sure enough, the data suddenly appeared on
my D7!

If there are some good reasons for some folk to stick with WX1W, then I can
make it a user option to select different destination callsigns.  If there
aren't any good reasons, then I'd like to just change the hardcoded
destination callsign to APWX1W.

Any issues?

This message sent using 100% recycled Electrons
(Minimum 30% post-consumer content)