[wxsig] Changing T238+ destination callsign

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sat Feb 25 02:30:33 UTC 2006

Wow, I really know nothing about APRS.  However, this really surprises me.
If I'm understanding what I've read in the last couple of postings, a
station sending APRS is in effect broadcasting to a specific target
application by destination address?  I always thought everything was a
general broadcast to anyone listening (ignoring for the moment all the
confusing digipeater stuff).  I thought the destination address of a UI
frame was irrelevant.

I always thought the receiving application looked at everything that came
in and filtered information to be displayed based on stuff embedded in the
data stream and only digis paid attention to the address field.

Please tell me that the applications have a way to open up to all APRS
packets.

John, W9DDD