[wxsig] Hurricane Season Preparation

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue Feb 28 05:15:03 UTC 2006

John:

The T238 identifies its software revision on the set of menus you scroll
through as you are setting it up.  I also broadcast the revision as part of
the initialization sequence, so it becomes a record on APRS-IS.

1.15.7 is the most current public release. I am working on 1.15.8 which is
mainly being driven by several compatibility issues.

The Kenwood issue has been bugging me for a while, but I was under the
impression it was a lot more complicated issue than it appears to actually
be.  Setting a callsign beginning with AP is pretty easy.

I strongly recommend the AAG weather head for wind direction and speed.  It
is pretty crummy for temperature though due to solar heating effects.