[wxsig] Wind Speed Spike

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Sun Jul 9 14:06:41 UTC 2006

Ken:

To your second question:

I have three pins on the 1-wire bus in order to provide sufficient drive
strength for the "active high" state needed for some 1-wire sensors like the
DS18S20 temperature sensor.  The active high state is defined to allow some
sensors that temporarily need more than the paracitic power provided by the
pull-up resistor in order perform some function.  The suggested circuit for
this active high state is a FET driven by a control line.  I "cheated" (I
call it optimized) by just ganging three IO pins together to supply the
needed current rather than have the external FET.

That is a long winded way of saying (unfortunately) that you can't separate
the lines.  I need all three tied together to drive high  to supply the
current needed for the temperature sensor.  For regular communications only
drive low on PortB bit 0 only and sense on Port B bit 0 only.