[wxsig] TAPR 238+ RS-232 to UI-View

Michael Barelli W0MAF barelmic at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 05:48:19 UTC 2006

You do not want to hear this but I am doing it at my QTH in Alma, Kansas!
  I use a Kantronics TNC KC3+ to capture the data then hook the TNC to the PC. I put the T238+ into the GPS Port.  Power for the TNC comes from the T238* .
  You can see data on findu.com w0maf-1. UI-view provides the internet connection, IGATE  and the TNC provides the RF link with DIGI.
  The setup is a mess but it works. At least I have a WX Digi Igate all in one.
73 Mike
Rasputin Novgorod <priapulus at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I know you guys are going to tell me to RTFM,
but I've skimmed everything and don't see an answer.

My TAPR 238+ is working perfectly now. I'd like
to dump weather info out the 238+ serial port to my
computer, and have ui-view pick it up and send
my weather info out on the APRS internet. But I
don't see how to do it.

Do You Yahoo!?

wxsig at lists.tapr.org