[wxsig] TAPR 238+ RS-232 and wireless ethernet to post data

Jim Pruitt PruittJ at cwu.EDU
Thu Jul 20 17:29:07 UTC 2006

I recently bought Fred Eady's book "Implementing 802.11 with
Microcontrollers" and am looking at his Airdrop-A or Airdrop-P devices
from http://www.edtp.com/ at  http://www.edtp.com/airdropp_page.htm and
http://www.edtp.com/airdropa_page.htm that uses a wireless pcmcia
network card and takes serial input (from the T238+, etc).  I wanted to
find the source for the tiny ethernet but that code has not been made
public although it was developed back in 97 or 98 and used the Pic
12C509 or 12C508 (I think) but that did not use wireless.

Like you I really do not want to tie up the computer so one of the
Maxim Tini's or Eady's wireless board to allow me to post directly to a
web page without having to tie up a pc or go through a PC to do it.

Has anyone else tried that approach?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt

>>> priapulus at YAHOO.com 07/20/06 8:47 AM >>>
Hi Mike:
This wasn't quite what I had in mind, but would certainly
solve my problem; thank you for the suggestion. If I persue
it I may come back to you for details.

Sincerely
Blair

(who has three MFJ tnc's but no KC3's...)