[wxsig] One Wire Weather Lockup

Dave 6088 at cox.net
Thu Jul 27 21:28:53 UTC 2006

Greetings,

Ok, I am very new to APRS and packet, I am working with a friend on putting up a APRS weather station in the remote area of Campo, California.  So far we have the T238+ and a Kantronics TNC with AAG weather gear.  I can get more specific if needed, but I don't have too much info with me.

Basically everything runs well for about 48 hours and then the weather station seems to lock up.  The digi still operates and reports, but the screen on the T238 stops updating and the "heartbeat" that the person who built this put on stops functioning, and he said that is only related to the weather side of things.

The firmware version is  rev 1.15.4r.

You can view the station readings at

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=KA6DAC-11&last=120

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Some thoughts Mike had was that the antenna was too close to the weather gear and was corrupting the data, we raised the mast and got the antenna farther away, no change.  The last lockup was yesterday, and was reset last night about 8pm.  Mike thought maybe he should put a real time clock in this to keep the time consistent, no idea if this will help.  Mike is pretty knowledgeable about radio gear, he is a radio tech by trade, and has been into Ham a long time, but has been out of packet for several  years.

Well any help would be greatly appreciated.