[wxsig] One Wire Weather Lockup

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Fri Jul 28 01:35:04 UTC 2006

Dave:

While I don't think firmware is your issue, I would suggest upgrading to the
latest (1.15.8) release of the firmware as soon as possible. There were a
number of issues that were addressed from 1.15.4 through 1.15.8.

If it is not RF, one other possibility is the regulator getting too hot.  If
you are feeding the T238+ with a 13.8V supply, that regulator is being
stressed.  Options include disabling the backlight for normal operation (a
switch in line with R5), finding a lower voltage (below 12V is usually OK,
as long as it is above 7.5), or one of the recent suggetions has been to add
more/bigger heatsinking to the regulator.