[wxsig] RE: Question on T238 humidity

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Mon Jun 12 02:07:56 UTC 2006

Russ:

(posting to WXSIG in case other folk may want to know too)

I must confess that I don't have a way to stop looking at a sensor.  If the
sensor no longer responds I don't broadcast data and give the opportunity to
remove its ID from the tables.  If a sensor gets replaced I give the
opportunity to reprogram in a new one, but I don't have a way to stop
reporting data from a sensor that is still there and giving (what appears to
be) valid data.

I seem to remember that question coming up on the wxsig reflector a long
while ago.  I went back and looked at my software and the the request was to
be able to remove the IDs of a sensor that was no longer present.  That
feature is incorporated.

I can suggest the following though.  Start the normal "sensor setup"
sequence.  When you get to the option to discover the humidity sensor,
unplug the 1-wire bus from the T238, then tell it to discover the humidity
sensor.  It won't find it and offer to erase the ID.  That should work.