[wxsig] RE: Question on T238 humidity

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Mon Jun 12 02:48:23 UTC 2006

Russ:

Unfortunately, no.  There is only one 1-wire ID for both the temperature
sensor and the analog inputs that are used to digitize the data from the
humidity sensor.  When the ID gets erased, all data gets lost.

That brings up a boundary case I'm not sure I've tested.  If you set up the
T238 to use the humidty sensor as the official temperature sensor then
delete it, I hope I revert back to whatever was selected for the "normal"
DS18x20 sensor as the backup.  If temperature suddenly goes away completely,
you may need to rediscover whatever temperature sensor you have.