[wxsig] T238 Lightning Damage

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue Jun 20 00:25:15 UTC 2006

Ken:

Sorry to hear about the lightning.  The LCD does rely on a negative voltage
from the MAX232 to get the correct biasing, so it's demise rendering the
display blank makes sense.  While we certainly can't count on it, but I am
amazed from stories like this how tough that micro can be.  I've abused them
more than I care to admit and have been surprized what they can survive.

Thanks for sharing the story.  Good luck with the barometer.