[wxsig] T238 Lightning Damage

Ken Brown Ken.A.Brown at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 20 12:14:21 UTC 2006

John,

No problem with the humidity sensor.  It is one of the older X1W
units that I cut down the circuit board to fit in the slot of a
Davis aspirated radiation shield.  It seems to be as good as
normal although it reads about 10% high.  I plan to but a pot
on the board to try to calibrate it when I have some time.

My problem is the barometer which is a Bray unit.  As you can
see on the QC graphs it has jumped up about 10 mb and is very
erratic.  The trend seems to follow the pressure so I hope the
sensor is OK and it is a problem with the power supply of the
scaling op amps.  I have a X1W barometer from TAPR but haven't
had a chance to assemble it yet.

Ken Brown