[wxsig] T238/T238+ 1.15.8 Firmware release

Ken.A.Brown at noaa.gov Ken.A.Brown at noaa.gov
Sat Mar 18 21:03:08 UTC 2006

Will,

When you are looking at the code I wish you would take a peek
at the barometer routines.  My barometer looks good displayed
on the LCD in inches of mercury.  I could never get it to
display millibars correctly.  The main problem seems to be the
TNC transmission, probably the conversion to millibars to meet
the APRS spec.  It only reports whole millibars most of the time
and not tenths of millibars as the pressure changes slowly.  On
occasion there will be a .1 or .9 creep in but mostly whole
numbers.  This is seen as significant stair stepping when viewed
on WinAPRS where each five minute transmission is plotted.  The station
is n5kuk (AR301).

Ken Brown