[wxsig] T238+ sensor list ..

George gxry at freemail.gr
Sun Mar 19 01:40:52 UTC 2006

Bob,
Regarding the rain gauge from AAG, either TAI8586K 1-Wire Rain Gauge
Conversion Kit or TAI8575B 1-Wire Rain Gauge would be OK.
I didn't tried them personally but having seen the counter schematic as
in http://www.aagelectronica.com/pdf%20docs/TAI8585%20Counter.pdf
or in
http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html?target=p_5.html&lang=en-us
it seems ok.
I have personally tried the TAI-8570 from AAG with OWW and Slackware
Linux 10.2. It works without any user adjustment/calibration - or I
didn't do any - OWW supports it. But it's based on a completely
different architecture than MPX4115A/DS2438 that is expected by T238+.
It is based on a MS5534A integrated sensor with build-in 15bit ADC, two
DS2406 plus on-board stored calibration coefficients. I think that
firmware routines they read baro data need to be rewritten to support
it. T238+ expects to read a DS2438 10bit ADC for baro data.
73 de George, SV2DOF