[wxsig] Wind application

Steve Daum steve_daum at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:37:13 UTC 2006

I have been reading TAPR postings for a few months. Thanks for all the
information you post. I have a question...

I want to put a wind speed/direction sensor on a remote mountain top. I'd
like for the data to arrive on a web server. I don't want a full PC near the
sensing equipment. There is no cellular service and no land-line phone
service - and no power.

I have read about these Zigbee RF modems. Have you ever heard of an
application
using the one-wire sensors, solar power, local battery, and these RF modems
to get data to some base station?

Any insight appreciated.

Steve Daum
Dayton, Ohio