[wxsig] Wind application

Dennis Recla DRecla at metone.com
Thu Mar 30 19:33:18 UTC 2006

I am a user of the MaxStream Radios, not the zigbee but their
standard units.  I use them for up to about 15 to 20 miles direct
point to point - distance varies with height and tree cover. But
we use a 6 element 900 mhz antenna at each end, and minimum
coax between radio and antenna.

They have both RS-232 and USB outputs on the radios. We do run
at 9600 baud, so that helps with distance. We typically pay about
$250.00 for each radio from them, in box with RS-232 or the USB
version for the customer end at the PC.  Antennas from TESSCO
cost another $45.00 each.  It's a simple relatively low cost solution
to get RS-232 from one place to another.

Dennis Recla
Wa5KTC
Met One Instruments, Inc