[wxsig] Wind application

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Mar 30 19:39:35 UTC 2006

If you're looking at a Davis VP/VP-II or a Vaisala WXT-510, the weather
station and a Linksys NSLU2 would comprise the "computer" hardware, and
some form of wireless ethernet or serial link could do the comms.  In
the ham radio realm, the KPC-3+ tnc can handle a weather station pretty
easily, then add a radio.

Zigbee is a very short-range option.  The reference to 100 ft is pretty
optimistic, in my experience.

Something like the link Bob provided is promising for an integrated data
radio.

gerry