[wxsig] T-238+ and TAI8515 WSI

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Fri May 5 10:31:01 UTC 2006

There's a problem with the power and ground assignments on the 1-wire
cable.  The late AAG stuff is different than what was used on the T238
classic and the T238+.  I'm not talking about the 1-wire bus, which is the
middle two pins on the RJ11, but the outer conductors where power may
be supplied to the remote sensor if needed, say for a barometric pressure
sensor.

The simple solution if you're using just the TAI8515 (the clone of the
original Dallas Semiconductor device?), would be just 2 wire cabling.
Otherwise fixes involve trace cutting or custom cables being made.

This has been discussed here, but I don't recall what the recommended
solution was. Also don't know if the AAG device is the odd man out, or if
other devices are a problem.  Don't recall reading about anything other
than AAG stuff.

John, W9DDD