[wxsig] T-238+ and TAI8515 WSI

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Fri May 5 18:26:04 UTC 2006

This is the link I found.  Is this the one you were referring to Joe?

http://www.tapr.org/~n4xi/x1w-1/aag.html

This one doesn't deal directly with the T238 but explains the problem and
to configure the X1W-1.

I don't want refer to pin numbers, since there no real standard definition
for their assignments that I could find back when the classic T238 was
done.  Plus we're dealing with both 4 and 6 pin versions of the RJ11 and
they end up with different number anyhow.  E. g.  the middle pins on a 4
pin are 2 & 3, but they are 3 & 4 on the 6 pin RJ11.

So, looking at the connector, the middle pair of pins are the 1-wire
bus (line 1 for telephone useage) and the next set of pins (line 2
for telephone useage) working your way outward were the power and
ground for aux power to remote sensors.  AAG flipped the polarity of the
outside pair pins on rev 3.

Also I think you'll find a discussion of this specifically in the WXSIG
archives within the past 2 months.  I believe Will gave instructions.
However, bear in mind I'm getting older by the minute and my memory isn't
what it used to be.  Add to that the fact that's it's late.

John, W9DDD